My name is Kinlay Francis and I have lived in Orkney for many years, from my School days at Stromness Academy to my home now in Kirkwall with my wife Kirsty and my Black Labrador Pebbles.
Currently I am the Naval Historian and member of the Royal Naval Association Orkney branch. An associate member of the Royal British Legion and a Director for the Orkney Tourist Group. I am passionate about helping WWII Veterans tell their story about Scapa Flow and Wartime Orkney.
I am a qualified Scottish Tourist Guides Association, Orkney Regional Affiliate, and Green Badge Guide.
Our tours are tailor made to you requirements and interests you will be presented with your dedicated tour itinerary on the tour day. Our tours are always informative and entertaining giving you a real overview of life in Orkney.
My tours of Orkney cover the many aspects of the islands, including history (from the Stone Age to 19th/20th Century), archaeology, military/naval history, coasts and crafts, Vikings, flora and fauna, bespoke jewellery.The choice is entirely up to you and we tailor your tour to your requirements.
My special area of interest is Wartime Orkney in particular WWI, WWII and Scapa Flow. Come and see Coast Defence Batteries, Bunkers and Air Raid Shelters, Airfield’s and much more. Learn how the personnel lived and defended Orkney’s Fleets during the war years.
Other Services I am pleased to offer include:
· Tours of the Orkney Islands of Hoy and Flotta.
· Marine tours of Scapa Flow via Private Chartered Vessels.
· Aviation tours of Orkney Islands and Scapa Flow via Private Charter Plane.
· Step on guide for both large and small groups, including working with your translator if required.
· Kirkwall and Coastal Walking Tours.
· Full itinerary planning, including sourcing and booking of transport and services within Orkney.
· Full range of Cruise liner shore excursions.
· Corporate tours - currently offering private tours for executives from the Financial and Renewable Sectors.
· Retired and currently serving Armed Forces Personnel Tours.
Tel: +44(0)1856878822 – Landline
+44(0)7841697237 - Mobile
I have the pleasure in now being able to offer my services as a driver-guide in my comfortable 9 seater tour vehicle. I own a luxury Volkswagen Transporter Shuttle Bus, which I have carefully chosen to carry my guests in comfort with the maximum viewing opportunity. This allows me to provide a bespoke tailored tour service to my guests at a very affordable price. This way of touring allows you to be driven and guided in small groups allowing you a one on one service.Please contact me for prices and further information. I look forward to meeting you soon. (See bottom of page for contact details).